I’m looking forward to the games and innovations coming for the video game industry this year. Here are some of the highlights thus far:
- New Xbox 360 refresh. It’s smaller, had integrated N Wifi, and is quieter. Best part, it’s priced at $300, which means the current Elite will be going down.
- New interation of the Nintendo’s handheld, the 3DS. Won’t be able to say anything about it until having actually played around with it, but the idea of 3D on the go without glasses is cool. Plus you can take 3D pictures, which is a pretty rare thing to be able to do in a consumer product of its kind.
- Kinect for 360. Both 1:1 full body recognition and voice activated commands will make the experience of using 360 even more social than it already is. I liked the Kinectimals demo I admit.
- I’m not really a sports fan but bringing ESPN to the 360 free for Gold subscribers sounds awesome.
- Medal of Honor from EA looks to be awesome; if the multiplayer plays anything like Battlefield Bad Company 2’s did, I’ll be very happy.
- New Kirby game is a 2d platformer (yes!) with a very unique and interesting visual style that’s also tied into the gameplay. I love it already.
- New Golden Sun game was shown off with a trailer.
- Dragon Quest XI!
- Epic Mickey was shown off. Warren Specter showed off his design chops, talking about how your choices as Mickey to destroy or create will affect how other character interact with you.
- New Donkey Kong Country! from Retro Studios. It’s looks like Donkey Kong Country. Maybe we can forget about Rare’s disaster with DK 64.
- Oh, yeah! New Zelda. It’s called Skyward Sword and it heavily integrates the new motion plus controls. It seems to be in the more realistic visual style of Twilight Princess with brighter colors. I honestly don’t know if I care for motion controls, the demo from Miyamoto wasn’t all the impressive (which is sad).
- New Kid Icarus game for the 3DS from Project Sora.
What was stupid:
- Reggie. Guy needs to lighten up, he works for Nintendo for crying out loud.
- Ubisoft. They suck so much. I officially hate the French because of Ubisoft.
- Goes with the above: no Beyond Good and Evil 2.
- Did I mention how much Ubisoft sucks?
- Rhythm games. There’s more of them
I’ll update more after the Sony conference.
- Saw Sorcery with Playstation Move. Really fun looking.
- Heroes on the Move is a crossover game with Rachet & Clank and Sly Cooper characters. Neat!
- After the feed cut out, I saw the new God of War game for PSP. It was just a cinematic trailer though.
- PATAPON 3!!!!!
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has Stitch. ‘Nough said.
- There’s a Y’s game coming out.
- They replicated their E3 booth on Home. Too bad I don’t have a PS3 anymore 😦
- Made it really clear that Little Big Planet 2 is a platform for games, playing and making, regardless of genre. I WANT THIS SO BAD!