Holy shit, it’s been one LONG weekend. I’m exhuasted, hungry, but mostly satisfied.
So if you’re into making games in any way, you’ve probably been aware of this huge event called the Global Game Jam. You’ve probably participated (or depending on your time zone are still participating). It’s amazing that in 48 hours, a group of disparate people can come together to make a game (or two or THREE) based on very few constraints. This is the first time I’ve participated in the GGJ, and there are a few things I’ve learned about collaborate game making.
- Puppies are cute (Thanks New Zealand)!
- There is no such thing as a bad idea, so speak your mind, and listen, REALLY listen to others.
- Drink one GIANT MONSTER (or substitute your energy drink of choice), over a long period of time.
- Be prepared to make use of your orgy voice.
- Clowns will ALWAYS be creepy!
- Maya sucks, especially when your using THREE different versions.
In the end we ended up making two games. One is Spanish Gold and the other is Escape from Clown Town. See our Jam page for detail on how to play.
I’d like to thank everyone who participated. You guys and gals are great!
Looking forward to finishing these later.